1. You're seeing this notice because your currently a guest. By taking the time to register you'll unlock access to features such as the creating threads, posting replies, sending private messages, and commenting to articles at Huntingne.com.

Once you've registered you'll have to activate your account which your able to do by checking your e-mail to which you registered to (if you didn't receive your e-mail) try checking your spam folder.

Once you've registered this notice will disappear.

Paddlefish Reports

Discussion in 'BowFishing' started by Wild Bill, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Wild Bill Hunting Nebraska Sponsor

I had a very short season only two shots. At 6:12 i hit a BIG one that promptly pulled off. My next shot was at 6:20 and I tagged out on a 40 incher. I shot from the bank and had a good spot they kept coming around a rock right at my feet very slow. Seen quite a few. 4hrs driving and 16 minutes fishing. Probably wont have a season like that for a few years.
    [IMG]
    thunder140 and Labwhisperer like this.
  2. coyoteshooter Member

got my 38 incher saturday at 4:00 PM missed one and then connected not to bad for my first paddlefish hunt!
  3. eric shupe Member

I am from Missouri, moving to Nebraska the next couple months with the Air Force. I have never seen anyone bow hunt spoons! All we have ever done is snag. How do you go about seeing paddlefish? What kind of water do you attempt it?

I guess I just don't know how your ever see one from the bank to even get a shot.
  4. Wild Bill Hunting Nebraska Sponsor

5. Force Feed BON Board of Director

Eric

Totally different here then Missouri. You have to go to the Yankton dam in order to shoot them and you have to apply for a license but it is worth it
  6. eric shupe Member

Wow, ok well that is definitely a new approach! Lol, luckily I've got my bowfishin rig all set up. Thanks for the info guys.
  7. gary collins Member

i know there are 7 foot plus long ones up there been seeing them all year while bowfishing