1. You're seeing this notice because your currently a guest. By taking the time to register you'll unlock access to features such as the creating threads, posting replies, sending private messages, and commenting to articles at Huntingne.com.

Once you've registered you'll have to activate your account which your able to do by checking your e-mail to which you registered to (if you didn't receive your e-mail) try checking your spam folder.

Once you've registered this notice will disappear.

Oooops!!

Discussion in 'BowFishing' started by goose h8r, Aug 9, 2012.

1. goose h8r Well-Known Member

For the 4th time this summer I either didnt think about looking at the current archery records to see if their was a record or didnt bother with weighing a fish. Mini is bout to kill me after today!! lol

First was a July 1st sauger/saugeye that we later found out there wasnt a current archery record. lol

[IMG]

After that was a shovelnose sturgeon but no pic.

Next belly flop of mine was a 53in flathead that I didnt think was big enough to weigh. lol

[IMG]

Today was the best one yet, I had no idea there wasnt a current archery record for a blue cat. lol

[IMG]

From shattered arrow shafts, to his bow being ripped from his hand today...your not gonna hear mini complain about the low water in the platte this year.
  2. Krag1902 Member

Best to start paying attention, I'd say. I should take my own advice though. A couple of years ago, I shot a blue cat and figured it was just a channel without the spotting. Ten years ago, I deliberated whether I wanted a record creek chub or not (frankly it sounded like something dn would do) and left one lay on a Republican River sandbar. That big assed sucker so long ago I forget the details is another sad tale.
  3. daryl bauer Member

For future reference: I have a state record application for a sauger taken by bow-fishing sitting on my desk right now. That fish was 3 1/2 pounds and just eye-balling the pictures, it looks bigger than the one above.

No, we do not have a bow-fishing blue cat record on the books at all.

Daryl Bauer
    Fisheries Outreach Program Manager
    Nebraska Game & Parks Commission'
    daryl.bauer@nebraska.gov
    http://outdoornebraska.ne.gov/blogs/category/barbs-and-backlashes//
  4. Noobshooter New Member

A couple of weeks ago i discovered that two years ago i broke the common carp surface spearfishing record. Mine weighed in at 28 lbs 6oz
  5. goose h8r Well-Known Member

Now that I'm really paying attention, mini scored another nice flathead this afternoon. I knew it was close but once the tape only read 46in I knew it wasn't quite big enough, 44lbs.

Mini kinda has these big cats dialed in right now. It's hilarious how he's getting them, part dumb luck and part knowing where they should be holding.