1. You're seeing this notice because your currently a guest. By taking the time to register you'll unlock access to features such as the creating threads, posting replies, sending private messages, and commenting to articles at Huntingne.com.

Once you've registered you'll have to activate your account which your able to do by checking your e-mail to which you registered to (if you didn't receive your e-mail) try checking your spam folder.

Once you've registered this notice will disappear.

How much round up per acre?

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Bulldog16, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Bulldog16 New Member

Getting ready to spray CRP that I just mowed. It is one acre....how much round up do I need to buy to spray and kill the grass and weeds before I disc it?
  2. Labwhisperer Active Member

With my atv sprayer 14 gallons. I can spray a one acre field with 14 gallons. I put 4oz to the gallon and get a total kill. 52oz to 14 gallons of water. I know a few guys that spray at 2 and 3 oz to a gallon and get a kill.
  3. huntingfreak Well-Known Member

We use 3 ounces to the gallon where I work and it always work
  4. Bulldog16 New Member

Thank's guys...I appreciate it!
  5. knee jerk Member

The detailed book that comes with Glyphosate 41% (Roundup) states up to 5 qt./acre depending on plant height and species.

Can I ask why you want to spray before discing?

Glyphosate works best on actively growing young plants and may take 2 weeks for a complete kill. Since it's already been mowed, go ahead and disc then spray the new growth right before or immediately after planting (before your desired plants emerge).
  6. Bulldog16 New Member

There is a lot to kill so we are spraying prior to discing...will probably re-spray if necessary after planting...going to spray....this evening...then wait two weeks to disc, plant and fertilize.

Planting Imperial whitetail clover and will probably hand seed some annuals just for the hell of it. :)
  7. knee jerk Member

That should knock the snot outta the weeds and competing grasses. I've got a small plot that is really overgrown too. I might try roundup ready beans next year just to get it to a manageable level. I planted Pheasant Forever habitat seed this year but, with the lack of rain here it was overtaken by weeds. Best of luck.