1. You're seeing this notice because your currently a guest. By taking the time to register you'll unlock access to features such as the creating threads, posting replies, sending private messages, and commenting to articles at Huntingne.com.

Once you've registered you'll have to activate your account which your able to do by checking your e-mail to which you registered to (if you didn't receive your e-mail) try checking your spam folder.

Once you've registered this notice will disappear.

halsey mule deer

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Skers85, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Skers85 New Member

anyone know where to locate muleys at bessey national forest in halsey i only get to hunt for 2 days and would like to know a good place to start looking so i can maximize my time. also when is the best time besides the rut to chase muleys out there.
  2. Flatcoats Administrator

Have you taken the time to go scout the property yet? Looked at google earth? Are you bowhunting or gun hunting? If gun hunting, have fun. And with any public property, your best time to kill any deer would be patterning them for opening day.
    prohunter30 and 220swift like this.
  3. Skers85 New Member

bowhunting, i havent had time to do any scouting so i was just trying to get a good start if anyone knew where a good spot to start looking for the muleys
  4. BlastnCast16 Active Member

go scout ! stop trying to ask someone else to do the work for you.
  5. loc Active Member

The entire purpose of this website is to share our hunting experience and knowledge with other people. Some people don't have time to go out and scout all the time. I don't understand what is so wrong with someone asking for some help on a piece of property that they have never hunted. If you ask me he is scouting by asking people. I use many different tools when scouting, like the computer. I live over 4 hours from Halsey and would have a hard time going up there and scouting if I only had two days to hunt. So maybe we could just help the guy instead of blasting him for asking a question.
    nutter likes this.
  6. tjm Member

Yes, BUT it is the middle of the season...maybe if it was asked well before season started, responses might be different?...besides there is no substitute for boots on the ground. Study google earth, pick a spot to start and go for it. It will be a learning experience for the next time.
  7. tykenn28 Member

I agree with loc. what's the big deal? If you don't like somebody asking questions then follow another thread. I'm sure judging from the lack of feedback to his question he is just going to pick a spot and go from there but again, like loc said, there's nothign wrong with somebody asking others in order to try to gain the upper hand.