1. You're seeing this notice because your currently a guest. By taking the time to register you'll unlock access to features such as the creating threads, posting replies, sending private messages, and commenting to articles at Huntingne.com.

    Once you've registered you'll have to activate your account which your able to do by checking your e-mail to which you registered to (if you didn't receive your e-mail) try checking your spam folder.

    Once you've registered this notice will disappear.

Board of Education Land and Funds

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting' started by Josh Lunz, Nov 26, 2011.

  1. Josh Lunz Member

    I am seeing allot of land in the plat books listed as "BOELAF" being the owners. I googled them and it looks as if this land my be leased out to people each year?

    If so how do you find out who is leasing this land? Or if a person can gain access to this land for hunting? Their web site is not all that complete.

  2. DEMolishedyou New Member

  3. sspoll Member

    At a recent BELF rent auction, they clarified that the leasee has full control of the land including hunting rights. All the parcels at that sale were for seven year leases. They are section 16 and 36 of each township. Most of the eastern ground has been sold long ago, while the ground in the western part of the state is still supporting education for the entire state.
  4. NEKILLER Member

    If you have the parcel ID to the piece of land you are interested in you can call the Nebraska Board of Education and give them the Township, section, and range and they will tell you who leases it. I have called them before and they are helpful and tell you right on the phone. It is up to the person leasing it to give permission

Share This Page